Featured

Lagos Ends Work-From-Home Policy After One Year 

 

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Tuesday, cancelled work-from-home policy one year after it was initiated to cushion the effects of hardship on the workers.

Pelican Valley

The government explained that it ended the policy following the implementation of the New Minimum Wage.

Sanwo-Olu had in February last year directed that the workers operate remotely on some days.

He directed that workers on grade levels 01 to 14 were allowed to work from home for two days a week, while those on grade levels 15 to 17 were allowed to work from home for one day a week.

He later extended the work-from-home policy for workers for the next three months.

But Sanwo-Olu has approved the cancellation of the policy in a circular signed by the state Head of Service, Bode Agoro, on Tuesday.

He said the work from home policy cancellation takes effect from 31st of March 2025.

“To this end, cancellation of the work from home initiative which had been
in place since February 2024 will take effect from 31st March, 2025,” Agoro said.

He implored public servants to fully rededicate themselves to effective discharge of their duties and ensure improved service delivery in their various Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAS).

“Accordingly, Accounting Officers are enjoined to note the contents of this circular and give it the service-wide publicity it deserves,” he said

 

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button