The National Association of Nigerian Students, Ogun Axis and National Association of Ogun State Students, National Body have constituted a joint working committee for burial of Governor Dapo Abiodun’s father, Pa Emmanuel Abiodun.
The burial of Pa Abiodun who died at 89 has been slated for September 9.
However, students bodies have set up a joint committee following the confirmation of the family plans for the final burial by the Abiodun family.
This was contained in a statement jointly signed by the NANS Chairman, Kehinde Damilola Simeon and his NAOSS counterpart, Ogunrombi Gbemileke.
The statement said the committee was put up to ensure that the Students Constituency play their part in ensuring that Pa Abiodun is laid to rest amidst pomp and funfair.
“This Committee is necessitated by the need to convey Solidarity to the Governor, Prince Dr. Dapo Abiodun and also in recognition of Late Dr. Emmanuel Abiodun’s pedagogical endeavours in the South Western academic sector.
“Therefore, every Students related involvement before, during and after the ceremony shall be coordinated through this committee.
“All appointed delegates members are hereby advised to liaise with the Office of the Special Assistant to Ogun State Governor on Students Matters towards organizing and being part of the burial of the Governor’s Father,” it said.
Members of the committee are:
1. Comrade Kehinde Damilola Simeon – Chairman.
2. Comrade Ogunrombi Gbemileke Co-Chairman.
3. Comrade Mustapha Adewale (Component) – Secretary.
4. Comrade Adebowale Abdulgafar – Member.
5. Comrade Ekundina Elvis – Member.
6. Comrade Abdulgafar Alaseyori- Member.
7. Comrade Owoeye Olufemi – Member.
8. Comrade Okereafor Bestman George – Member.
9. Comrade Akinwunmi Akeem – Member.
10.Comrade Oyeniyi Olasunbo Ifeoluwa – Member.
11.Comrade Shogbamu Tajudeen Kehinde – Member.
12.Comrade Orisadare Adejoke Amdalat – Member.
13. Comrade Andor John – Member.
14. Comrade Ogunderu Sodiq – Member.
15. Comrade Ojedele Sunday – Member.
16. Comrade Abdulkareem Abdulgafar – Member.
17. Comrade Solanke Taiwo – Member.
18. Comrade Ola’ Olajumoke – Member.
19. Comrade Joseph Adu Oyeyemi – Member.
20. Comrade Falola Ahmed – Member.